Finding an AARP Tax-Aide Site Near You
Scope of Services
- There are no age or income restrictions
- You do not need to be a member of AARP
- Our services are limited to Federal and Nebraska resident returns
- At some sites we do Iowa "non resident" state returns if we have trained counselors available.
- Returns are electronically filed ... please do not ask us to prepare a return for you to "paper" file.
- We do have some limitations based on complexity and special forms - for example, we cannot prepare returns with:
- Rental Income (Schedule E)
- Complex self-employment (expense greater than $10,000)
- Complex partnership income (Schedule K-1) - anything beyond simple interest, dividends, and royalties
- Income from from any state other than Nebraska or Iowa
- Income for clergy, military, agriculture, or international
- Alternative Minimum Tax calculations
- If time permits we may be able to help you fill out the NE Homestead Exemption form